Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween Ornaments Part 1

I love ornaments - and thanks to Martha I've discovered that I can have them on other holidays besides Christmas. When I saw this idea I knew I had to make it!
Here is my take on it.

Large tree brunch was easy - I have plenty in my backyard.

Then we painted the brunch in black. That was a lot of fun!


and we mounted the brunch in my favorite Halloween Pot with the sign that still makes me smile"Trick or Treat Smell My Feet. I've got it 5 years ago on clearance for $7.00 at The Great Indoors. I still remember the original price was $79.00. Can you believe it?!


The first part is done!

Now ornaments.
This is half of my mirrored tree topper, which wasn't made really well but served me great for my Disco theme Christmas tree decor.


First, I have disassemble it and removed silver beads from each stem


Then I've painted spiders on one side and spider web on another using black acrylic paint. When paint was dry I glittered the spider and sides of the ornament with Black Anthracite Glitter from Martha. Here it is


Now it was time to put it all together. I've got my hot glue gun ready. I put a black bead on, then I added a black bow and top it of with thick black thread for hanging


I am so happy to see how it is all coming together, but this is not it. I am working on another set of ornaments which I will post soon



Happy decorating from

P.S. I am linking this post to



and

No comments:

Post a Comment