Monday, October 25, 2010

Bucket For Trick-or-Treat Tutorial



Last year my daughter was a Witch and she had a very cute small Black Cat Bag for Trick-or-Treat, but now since she is three - she understands "the candy" thing very well and we needed to create a new candy carrier for this year. Why not?!
OK. You will need any large plastic container like this one from Costco.


Craft felt for Owl's Face and old t-shirts for feathers or you can do felt all the way.

Cut out your "feathers" out of T-shirts. You'll see the shape of feathers on the picture but you can go longer or shorter if you like. Note: if you are cutting sleeves - save the top of the sleeves -

they make perfect wings, but we will get there, and also drill two hole on each side of the bucket for the "handle"


Now, start from the bottom of the bucket and work your way


Decide where Owl's face will be and leave that area free of "feathers"


Now, for the face I've used hard craft felt. I don't know if there is a better name for this product, but when you touch it is very stiff. Here it is. I am sorry, I don't know how to add PDF files to my post for easy download, so I am thinking may be you can enlarge this image and use it as a template?!


Now the wings. Fold each top of the sleeve in a half and trim edges. Now, glue each wing down along the straight edge .


That's how it looks from the side


and from the back


There you have it - a very cute creature ready to help you to Trick-or-Treat:)


Have a good one!


I am linking this post to






mmm button






2 comments:

  1. Wow....your kids must think you are a Magician! You can transform anything into something else!! Abracadabra!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cameron. Thanks for your nice comment - you've made me smile

    ReplyDelete