Friday, September 10, 2010

Monsters Inc Paper Dolls

We watched Monsters Inc for the first time. I've never seen that animated movie before and didn't know what to expect (, so we've made some popcorn, got ourselves comfortable on a sofa and turned on the TV. I wasn't sure if that was the right choice for my 3 year-old and I was on guard all the time, but let me tell you, we've had so much fun! Time went by fast and after standing ovation to this brilliant movie, Monsters entered our lives....
Since TV access is a treat, we watch it no more than 30 minutes a day with rare exceptions (like this movie), we had to create a play set at home to enjoy favorite characters.
First, we found some free coloring pages on line (here is a link) and printed them out.
Then my daughter colored the Monsters and we glued them to a sturdy cardboard (old gift box)


Cut the shapes out


and we were ready to go, well.... almost. We needed THE DOOR.


It is self-explanatory, but if you'd like a template, I'd be happy to email it to you (I need to learn how to do a PDF for my Blog)

All our Monsters are paper dolls except the only "real" character, a little doll with brown hair
called Boo.


Our Monsters Inc up and running on a daily basis bringing laughter to our household.




I think it is a wonderful prep for our not-so-scary Halloween.

Have a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment