Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pierrot - My New Spoon Doll

Please, meet my favorite character! He is a "romantic with the temperament of the tormented artist, a stoic who hid his pain from others except for perhaps a single teardrop..." (Gwen Bruno)

Pierrot (pronounce /pjεro/ ) character in French pantomime

His face painted white


His baggy white clothes are hand-me-downs and too big for him, sometimes even with sleeves too long for his hands to be visible.


Loose tunic with big buttons has pocket to keep a variety of small objects, usually only of sentimental value.


May be a scroll with romantic poem to Columbine?



Or, by the way, that's how Pierrot looked before:)


Sincerely,


Note: If you like to read more about this character, please follow this link





2 comments:

  1. Awww he's so cute! I remember when Pierrots were in. My Mom still had the statues and paintings. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and have a great rest of the summer!
    Sandy XOX

    ReplyDelete