Friday, August 6, 2010

Mickey The Pilot - Canvas Painting

I have finished my Mickey last night. This is a gift to a baby Aaron who will come to this world sometimes next week and his parents are my dear friends. This is their second child. I did my first painting for their first-born - Jacob, who is 2 years old now, and I was so touched when they asked me to do another one for Aaron. They picked Airplanes as a theme for a Baby Room and that's why Mickey is on The Plane. I hope they liked it.
Here is a work progress. I started back in July and worked on it for a week, when time allowed.




Note: I took so many pictures of this finished work and I am not happy with any of them. This is a large canvas, and I was trying different spots with different lighting - the final shot that you see was taken on my sofa, but I still get some glare from acrylics
and the flash light brings out the lines that you don't see.
I need to improve my photography skills:( !!!!

2 comments: