Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Humpty Dumpty - soft toy

Who doesn't know the "Humpty Dumpty" story? My 3 year old is in love with Humpty Dumpty song that we found on YouTube, they have lots of different versions but this one is her favorite...



May be because Humpty Dumpty magically repaired at the end?
After watching it over and over, she looked at me and said "Mom, can we make Humpty Dumpty?" I loved her question! You see, she didn't ask me if we can buy, she asked me if we can make it? My heart filled with joy, it means all these projects that you see on my Blog are working! She already knows by now, that with imagination you can do a lot!
Now, how do you make Humpty Dumpty? In my case, inspiration sometimes comes from a trash bin :) It worked again. We found an old lonely sock:.... The rest was easy. 2 hours lately we had our own Humpty Dumpty:)




Body and Legs - Old white sock stuffed with grocery bags
Hat and sweater - my daughter's old socks
Pants and sleeves are out of craft felt
Shoes - toes of the socks that I've used for hat and sweater
Face - hand drawn using sharpies in Black and Red
Ties on hat and shoes - leftovers from my old T-shirt

A little confession - I never use patterns, I cut using my eyeball judgment and then make it all work, this time I've done the same, but... if you think you would like a pattern or a sketch, please let me know. That would be a good challenge for me:)

Sincerely,




No comments:

Post a Comment