Friday, July 9, 2010

Rescue Mission - Ironing Board Makeover

I don't even know how I've started this project, I wasn't planning it or thinking of it but when I looked at my trusted Ironing Board from a different angle:) I've realized that I owe to my dear friend a very good face lift. I do, I really do. My ironing board have witnessed so many projects and served as my craft table so many times that all the stains and marks, even though they are dear to my heart as memories, have screamed at me - do something! and I knew, that this time my towel covering technique simply wouldn't cut it:). To the rescue!

My Ironing Board cover, despite the visible stains is in a very good shape. Why not to keep it?
I've used old bed sheet to make a new cover.
Pin the fabric down and trim allowing few inches on each side.
Tack the fabric under the edge of existing cover. Sew by perimeter, making sure it fits tight and doesn't pull an existing cover.
Guess what, that's it.
It took me 30 minutes from start to finish, but the satisfaction of this project is huge. I am sure my Ironing Board is feeling pretty and I hope it will serve me well for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment